- What does Preferred Touch Home Care do?
- Preferred Touch Home Care is a provider of in-home care services that are personalized to the needs of pediatric patients.
- Who are your care professionals?
We are staffed with:
- Care Managers / Case Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Nursing Aides
- Home Health Aides
- Child Care Specialists
- What service areas can you cover?
We can provide services to the cities and counties within and surrounding Brandon, Florida.
510 Vonderburg Drive, Suite 305
Brandon, Florida 33511
Current 2nd office in Pinellas/Pasco:
3906 Tampa Rd., Ste. E
Oldsmar, FL 34677
New 2nd office in Pinellas/Pasco:
447 3rd Avenue North, Suite 205
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- How old are the children that you care for?
- We care for children from infants to teenagers who have medical issues, developmental disabilities or mobility limitations.
- How do I request for home care services?
- Your physician can refer your child for home care services or you can call us at 813-702-1100 and our case manager will evaluate your child’s need for home care.
- Why should you consider Preferred Touch Home Care for your family?
- Home health care is an excellent, cost-effective alternative to hospital or other institutional care. Service is based on the individual’s need as defined by his or her physician’s plan of care and may range from 24-hour-a-day care to monthly visits from skilled nurses, therapists, social workers and/or home health aides. Preferred Touch provides decades of experience and outstanding quality of care.
- What’s the difference between home care and private care?
- Home care provides health-related services to patients in their home, and is usually ordered by their primary physician to help aid recovery or provide ongoing treatment. For patients with home care needs that are not covered by their insurance, private care on behalf of Preferred Touch, provides an alternative with a customized system of care that is tailored to meet their unique needs.
- How Do I Get Started?
- To start you can submit a request via our website, or simply call our office to have one of our highly trained administrators connect you with the appropriate clinical manager. The clinical managers will work with your primary care doctor to develop a plan of care that will address all of your loved one’s needs. Private care starts at the door, so we will make sure to meet with you and discuss your ideal plan of care.
- Who will be providing my child’s care?
- Preferred Touch has a team of highly motivated professionals with decades of combined experience caring for children with demanding health profiles. Your child will have a team of both RN’s (nurses) and clinical managers to help you schedule and plan every step of your loved one’s care plan. All of our staff is licensed and they undergo thorough background checks to provide you with peace of mind.
- Does Preferred Touch have home health aides available in my location?
- Preferred Touch provides coverage in Hillsborough, Manatee, Polk, Hardee, and Highlands. See a list of our locations on our website.
- What kind of aide do I need?
- To determine the appropriate plan of care our licensed nurses will visit your home to sit down and map out your ideal home care environment, while also adhering to the instructions provided by the primary physician. We actively listen to our patients to better understand the unique challenges in order to foster a world class care plan. Simply call or submit your information online to schedule a visit.
- Why is home care technology important?
- In the last 20 years technology has afforded the medical community an opportunity to provide better patient outcomes and a higher quality of life. At Preferred Touch, our resources will ensure 24/7monitoring and care so that you can stay in touch with your loved ones and play an active role in their lives.
- How do I reach someone after hours?
- Our on call RN’s are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays and weekends. The care for your loved ones should never have to wait, simply call our office and give us an opportunity to show you what 24/7 love, support and care really means!
- Are Preferred Touch services covered by insurance?
Preferred Touch Home Care is a Medicare and Medicaid-certified agency and accredited by CHAP. Care is generally restricted to skilled services that may include nursing; physical, occupational or speech/language therapy; medical social work; and/or home health aides to assist with personal care needs. We are able to provide service typically prescribed by a physician after hospitalization or a significant change in medical condition. While a physician must prescribe care, the patient has the right to select the provider of his/her choice.
Medicare, Medicaid or other health insurances may cover the cost of home health care services. Some insurance policies will not cover all home health care services unless certain conditions are met. You can still obtain care without insurance coverage through a private duty agency on a private pay basis. Additionally, some agencies may have funding to help people who cannot afford the private pay option. The home health care agency will be able to assist in determining if the services you need are covered or if you need to make other arrangements.